Showcasing the Burnside Sleep Centre
Your sleep study produces over 1,000 pages of data – and that’s why we prefer a local Adelaide centre with staff who are well trained with higher degrees. We prefer not to rely on computer-automation, someone who won’t outsource your important medical data to interstate- or overseas-groups.
That’s why our Sleep Studies are performed at the Burnside War Memorial Hospital.
Burnside Sleep Centre (BSC) is an independent purpose-built six-bed facility within Burnside Hospital, catering to the sleep needs of our community. It’s location is perfect for sleep studies : free parking overnight surrounding the hospital, in a quiet inner-city suburb.
Designed with the comforts of home in mind, each private sleep study room comes with Wifi, a king-single bed, sound proofing, its own ensuite and TV.
BSC staff continue to participate in regular National Quality Control programs (both in-house, and national Q-Sleep), and hold regular meetings with their medical Sleep Committee.
BSC is also one of the very few Sleep Laboratories to offer the full range of Sleep Tests, including :
• Diagnostic sleep studies
• CPAP titration studies
• BiLevel PAP studies
• Adaptive- or Auto- Servo Ventilation (ASV) titration studies
• Supplementary Oxygen titration, Carbon Dioxide (TcCO2) monitoring
• Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT)
• Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing (MWT).
• Specialising in sleep studies for adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
At Adelaide Sleep, in conjunction with BSC, the doctor who sees you is also the doctor who analyses and interprets your complex sleep study. Both Adelaide Sleep doctors and BSC do not have any affiliation with CPAP outlets, CPAP sales, or vested interest in particular treatments.
This is why we believe the Burnside Sleep Centre is the premiere Sleep Centre for diagnostic testing, and we’re excited to refer our sleep studies to Burnside Hospital.
© APSS 2017
- The treatment of Narcolepsy including Sodium Oxybate (Xyrem) and Modafinil
- The Diagnosis of Narcolepsy and the MSLT
- The History of Narcolepsy – Excessive sleepiness in evolution
- 2017 Nobel prize winners : the first to be awarded in the field of Sleep Medicine!
- Diaphragm pacing for Central Sleep Apnoea